January 15, 2012

Farmer's Market

I love Saturday because it means fresh fruit and veggies from the farmer's market in my hood.
Shopping this way has been a ritual for me for years. I was a regular at the Union Square grower's market when I lived in New York and even now, when I'm there and I go to look around, there are stall holders who know me by name!

The Bondi market started a few months ago and I've been pretty much every week since. My favorite stall is Field to Feast they also have a FaceBook page Field to Feast, Sydney. The couple who own the farm are lovely. They grow EVERYTHING they sell and have open farm days during the year. Cath is known as the Farmer's wife and Hapi is the Farmer.
The best thing is that they will also deliver to you if you can't get to one of the markets they attend, so there's never an excuse to not have yummy veggies.

Who doesn't want to buy and eat fresh produce grown by someone named Hapi?


Some of Field to Feast's produce


This is one of my Saturday swags

Next weekend I'm taking one of my clients to the market to teach her how to shop for pesticide free and organic food...



No comments:

Post a Comment