January 18, 2012

Breakfast Boo Boo

I made a smoothie this morning that was un.drinkable. It can happen to the best of us!
The ingredients were ones I'd used in the past, so I'm not sure exactly what went so very pear shaped...it definitely wasn't a pear.

So, my first attempt at breakfast ended up down the drain. As I made peace with the wastefulness of the cashews, coconut, chia seeds, kale, banana and cocao beans (everything that usually makes up my smoothie), I decided a juice would be better!

It's very difficult to "fix" a smoothie. People tell me constantly that they made a dud smoothie...usually because they added too much kale or spirulina. My advice is to start again. Otherwise you keep adding more ingredients in the hope one will save it, but the only result is more waste.

What I made was this juice...

I wish my juices were more photogenic




Makes 2 servings
1 green apple
1 small cucumber (about 12cm/5")
1/2 red capsicum
3 kale leaves
1 parsnip
1 beet
1 tomato
big piece of ginger (I love the taste and it's great for your digestion)

N x



No comments:

Post a Comment